The MAV is a membership driven association that provides a voice, leadership and professional support for mathematical education.
If renewing membership log in here: Membership Renewal
MAV MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES
- Access to online planning and curriculum resources
- 20% discount on professional development delivered by MAV Education Consultants
- 20% discount on registration for our annual conference
- 20% discount on all teaching books and resources in MAV’s online shop
- A termly copy of MAV’s member magazine, Common Denominator
- A termly copy of MAV’s journal, Prime Number for primary schools and Vinculum for secondary schools
- Involvement in a highly respected, proactive professional association that fosters the promotion of mathematics education
- Opportunity for networking and collaboration with other MAV member schools
- Opportunity for institutional members to be accredited as a Mathematics Active School
- Affiliation to the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT)
- Opportunity to extend the professional development of your staff by getting involved in MAV’s activities (writing for our journals, joining committees and working parties, piloting mathematics initiatives etc).
- Priority bookings in MAV professional development workshops and events
- All staff listed on a school membership are entitled to discounts outlined above.
- Associate members are entitled to 20% off advertising rates.
YES! I’D LIKE TO JOIN THE MAV
Base prices for MAV membership are below. You can add extra items onto the base price.
- Institutional (school memberships): $390
- Associate members (companies and non-school organisations): $400
- Individuals: $164
- Teaching students: $45
- Concession: $70 (retirees, CRT, unemployed, parental leave, first year out teachers, interstate AAMT members, international subscribers)
- Additional copies of MAV journals/magazine: $25 per annual subscription
- Additional school campus: $165
- Small schools: are eligible for a 15% discount
- Primary schools – are eligible for a further 15% discount
Use our online calculator to work out the price of your institutional membership.
Please note that our membership period is from January to December. Renewals for the following year are sent out in early October each year and you can renew until end February before we cease to send you membership benefits.
If renewing membership login here: Membership Renewal