Mathematics Teachers day! Building capability for all mathematics educators
The Mathematical Association of Victoria (MAV) in collaboration with the Melbourne Graduate School of Education’s Mathematics, Science and Technology Education Group (MSTEG) present a conference focusing on early childhood and primary school mathematics education.
Theme: Meaningful maths - making mathematics education engaging for all.
Download the full program here.
Date: Friday 11 June, 2021
Who should attend: Designed for primary teachers and early childhood educators regardless of experience level. Sessions will build confidence and develop professional ability as a mathematics educator in a supportive, hands-on and engaging series of workshops.
- Developing inquiry and problem-solving based approaches
- the integration of digital technologies within mathematics education
- content knowledge with pedagogy to deepen pedagogical content knowledge
- how to use evidence-based approaches to improve your practice
- your school community in mathematics
- innovative strategies in differentiation
About the event:
- A virtual event in collaboration with Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne
- Hand-picked program of high-quality presenters
- Learn from leaders with practical and educational research experience.
- Access sessions to watch after the event, until 31 Dec 2021.
Also register for the Leaders day: held on Thursday 10 June, 2021: Click here.