Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, MAV has postponed this primary conference until 2021 and tentative dates are listed below.
The Mathematical Association of Victoria (MAV) in collaboration with the Melbourne Graduate School of Education’s Mathematics Education Group (MEG) present a conference focusing on primary school and early childhood mathematics education.
Meaningful Maths: Making mathematics education engaging for all.
Building leadership capability in mathematics education
PROPOSED DATE 2021: Thursday 17th June
For current and emerging mathematics leaders, and system leaders in primary schools and early childhood settings, including Principals, Deputy Principals, Numeracy Leaders, Academics, DET, VCAA and others.
- Explore how to use evidence based approaches to implement change and improve practice
- Improving assessment, looking beyond content (proficiencies, capabilities and student’s engagement)
- Integration of technologies across the mathematics curriculum
- Explore how professional collaboration and feedback can strengthen mathematical outcomes, collaboration and feedback can strengthen mathematical outcomes, PLC
- Strenthening Engagemnst between your school and community.
Building capability for all mathematics educators
PROPOSED DATE 2021: Friday 18th June
Designed for primary teachers and early childhood educators regardless of experience level. Sessions will build confidence and develop professional ability as a mathematics educator in a supportive, hands-on and engaging series of workshops.
- Developing inquiry and problem solving based approaches
- Explore the integration of digital technologies within mathematics education
- Link content knowledge with pedagogy to deepen pedagogical content knowledge
- Discover how to use evidence-based approaches to improve your practice
- Engaging your school community in mathematics
- Exploring innovative stratgeies in differentiation.
- Hosted at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne
- Hand-picked program of high-quality presenters
- Learn from leaders with practical and educational research experience.
For more information contact Jacqui Diamond: firstname.lastname@example.org