Maths Talent Quest 2014
Key Dates 2014
Tuesday 22 April 2014
Monday 21 July 2014
|Delivery of entries Latrobe||Wednesday 13 August 2014|
|Judging||Thursday 14 August - Tuesday 19 August 2014|
|Display of entries||Wednesday 20 August 2014 (Morning)|
|Entry Pick Up||Wednesday 20 August 2014 (Afternoon) and Thurday 21st August 2014 (2pm deadline)|
|Award Ceremony||Thursday 23 October 2014|
The MTQ State Judging Rubric has been an outstanding source for assessing MTQ investigations. We have upgraded the rubric to ensure it is relevant and current to teaching and learning needs, whilst keeping with the generic form and layout of the rubric.
All students from Prep to Year 12 can enter the Maths Talent Quest. The best of these entries will then be entered into the National Math’s Talent Quest to be held in Victoria!
This website is updated regularly with information for teachers and students to assist in your knowledge of the MTQ so check back here regularly.
Download these PowerPoint presentations by June Penney, Student Activities Committee.
To save these PowerPoint presentations to your computer, right-click on the images above.
Some important information and changes to the MTQ for 2014:
- Check the MAV website regularly for updates.
- Registration will open in Term 2 and will be available on the MAV website.
- You are required to complete your School Judging and select entries to send to the State Judging BEFORE you register on the MAV website.
- Schools can now enter a maximum of eight entries per year level.
- It is compulsory for each metropolitan school to provide a minimum of two hours judging. Where schools have more than five entries, an extra two hours of judging must be provided for every five extra entries. Regional schools are also encouraged to participate in judging.
- All participating students will receive a certificate.
- Winning students will receive a certificate and book voucher – no cash prizes will be given
MTQ Cost Structure