Maths Talent Quest 2016
Dates for the 2106 State and National Maths Talent Quest are below.
The State and Natianal MTQ Judging Rubrics are currently being simplified. Updates will be available from Term 2, 2016.
For professional learning, judging rubric feedback or general enquiries please contact Jennifer Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates 2016
Monday 11 April 2016
Monday 18 July 2016
|Delivery of entries||Wednesday 10 August 2016|
|Judging||Thursday 11 August - Tuesday 16 August 2016|
|Display of entries||Wednesday 17 August 2016 (Morning)|
|Entry Pick Up||Wednesday 17August 2016 (Afternoon) and Thurday 18 August 2016 (2pm deadline)|
All students from the Early Years to Year 12 can enter the Maths Talent Quest. The best of these entries will then be entered into the Asia Pacific Maths Talent Quest to be held in Victoria.
This website is updated often with information for teachers and students to assist in your knowledge of the MTQ so please check back here regularly.
Some important information and changes to the MTQ for 2015:
- Check the MAV website regularly for updates.
- Registration will open in Term 2 and will be available on the MAV website.
- You are required to complete your school judging and select entries to send to the state judging BEFORE you register on the MAV website.
- Schools can enter a maximum of eight entries per year level.
- It is compulsory for each metropolitan school to provide a minimum of two hours judging. Where schools have more than five entries, an extra two hours of judging must be provided for every five extra entries. Regional schools are also encouraged to participate in judging.
- All participating students will receive a certificate.
- Winning students will receive a certificate and book voucher – no cash prizes will be given
MTQ Cost Structure