Maths Talent Quest 2013
Registration for the 2013 MTQ is now closed.
If you are interested in professional development in MTQ or becoming a judge in 2013 click here.
Key Dates 2013
Monday 15th April 2013
Now extended to Wednesday 24th July 2013
|Delivery of entries Latrobe||Wednesday 14th August 2013|
|Judging||Thursday 15th August - Tuesday 20th August|
|Display of entries||Wednesday 21st August 2013 (Morning)|
|Entry Pick Up||Wednesday 21st August 2013 (Afternoon) and Thurday 22nd August 2013 (2pm deadline)|
|Award Ceremony||Thursday 24th October 2013|
The MTQ State Judging Rubric has been an outstanding source for assessing MTQ investigations. We have upgraded the rubric to ensure it is relevant and current to 2012 teaching and learning needs, whilst keeping with the generic form and layout of the rubric.
All students from Prep to Year 12 can enter the Quest. Entries must be registered by the start of Term 3 and Judging will begin in the fourth week of Term 3. The best of these entries will then be entered into the National Math’s Talent Quest to be held in Victoria!
This website is updated regularly with information for teachers and students to assist in your knowledge of the MTQ so check back here regularly.
Download these PowerPoint presentations by June Penney, Student Activities Committee.
To save these PowerPoint presentations to your computer, right-click on the images above.
Some important information and changes to the MTQ for 2013:
- Check the MAV website regularly for updates.
- Registration will open in Term 2 and will be available on the MAV website.
- You are required to complete your School Judging and select entries to send to the State Judging BEFORE you register on the MAV website.
- Schools can now enter a maximum of eight entries per year level.
- It is compulsory for each metropolitan school to provide a minimum of two hours judging. Where schools have more than five entries, an extra two hours of judging must be provided for every five extra entries. Regional schools are also encouraged to participate in judging.
- All participating students will receive a certificate.
- Winning students will receive a certificate and book voucher – no cash prizes will be given
MTQ Cost Structure